ALL SERVICES FREE AND CONFIDENTIAL!
THE MISSION OF THE H.O.P.E. AGENCY IS TO PROVIDE THE RESOURCES TO MEET THE NEEDS OF DOMESTIC VIOLENCE, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND STALKING VICTIMS IN HOT SPRINGS COUNTY THROUGH HELP, OPPORTUNITY, PARTNERSHIPS AND EMPOWERMENT.
THE H.O.P.E. AGENCY BELIEVES THE MORE INFORMATION AND TOOLS YOU HAVE THE SAFER YOU CAN BE!!
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR SAFETY PLANNING.
1. During a argument avoid areas in your home where weapons might be available ie. the kitchen, bathroon, bedroom or workshops.
2. If there are weapons in your household such as firearms- LOCK THEM UP!!!
3. Know where your exits in the home are - windows, doors, stairwells and elevators.
4. Discuss the situation with a trusted neighbor if you can. Ask them to call 911 if they hear a disturbance. Find a code word to use with them if you need police.
5. Always keep a packed bag ready.
6. Know where you would go to be safe if you have to leave, even if you don't really think you need to.
* REMEMBER THAT NO ONE EVER DESERVES TO BE ABUSED! IT IS NOT YOUR FAULT!!*